As consumer and corporate wellness organizations are asked to offer more tailored wellness programs that provide clear value, a few trends have emerged in the wellness market that will likely drive strategy in the near future. Validic™ identified these trends for wellness leaders to consider:
Improved user engagement. Customers of corporate wellness organizations need to know that their users will be fully engaged and be aware when they are losing membership in or adherence to a program.
- Like many providers, wellness organizations are looking to predictive analytics for a solution, in which they can be notified when a user is not adhering to their program, or is at risk of dropping out of a program altogether.
- Machine learning continues to evolve and can offer better understanding of how and when users engage and disengage, allowing corporate wellness organizations to create evolving best practices to understand how their users think and act.
Proof of ROI. In order to demonstrate the value of investing in corporate wellness programs for their employees, customers must be able to see a clear return on investment, like increases in productivity or decreases in healthcare costs.
- By more clearly defining metrics, customers using wellness programs are better able to understand the cost-benefit analysis of their programs.
- Leaders must be able to see which parts of their wellness program provides the most value for their employees and their business in order to shape the most effective program, which, in the long run, can lower healthcare costs and improve productivity.
A holistic approach to wellness. With the advancements made in wellness technology in recent years, there is now an opportunity to track many more aspects of a user’s life to understand their overall health. This includes bringing in data traditionally considered clinical which can inform crucial details about a person’s wellbeing.
- By integrating nutritional information, mental health information, sleep data, and even environmental data, wellness programs can obtain a better understanding of their users and create more tailored, effective programs.
- With more in-depth knowledge of the various factors affecting a particular person, wellness programs can offer better recommendations to improve one’s health.